BLS Water Cooler Cram Session 9/16/14
Who wants to watch an hour of the Mothership and their 1,500 different analysts break down the same game over and over again? We sure don’t (Unless Original #BuschBabe and BLS Favorite Jaymee Sire is anchoring). Here’s what you may have missed in the sports world yesterday.
Much like Sunday night’s game, the road team was able to overcome a large 2nd-half deficit to pull out a victory in the 4th quarter as the Eagles kicked a last second field goal to beat the Colts 30-27. Darren Sproles had a gigantic game for Philadelphia, helping the Eagles get to 2-0 on the young season.
EAGLES 30 @ COLTS 27 F
- PHI – Foles 21/37, 331 YDS, 1 TD/ 1 INT. McCoy 20 CAR, 79 YDS, 1 TD. Sproles 7 REC, 152 YDS.
- IND – Luck 20/34, 172 YDS, 3 TD/ 1 INT. Richardson 21 CAR, 79 YDS. Hilton 6 REC, 65 YDS.
Busch League Sports Wagers
Monday’s loss is a real tough pill to swallow considering it looked like #BLSPicks was on the right side for basically the entire game.
— Busch League Sports (@BuschSports) September 15, 2014
2014 #BLSPicks NFL Record 10-6-1 – +20 units
- Via ESPN: Adrian Peterson, already facing felony charges in Texas for child abuse, was accused in a previous incident involving another son who was 4 years old, KHOU-TV in Houston has reported. They are allegations the Minnesota Vikings running back’s lawyer says were unfounded and more than a year old. KHOU cited text messages that reportedly include a photo of the son with an apparent head wound covered by bandages.
Barclays Premier League
HULL CITY 2 WEST HAM 2 FT
- (HUL) Hernandez 39′, (WHU) Valencia 50′, (HUL) Diame 64′, (WHU) Davies (OG) 67′.
The Mets’ Jacob deGrom tied the modern-era MLB record with 8 strikeouts to begin a game on Monday night in New York.
NATIONALS 4 @ BRAVES 2
- WSH – Strasburg W (12-11) 7 IP, 5 H, 0 ER, 7 Ks. Ramos 1-3, HR (11), RBI.
- ATL – Santana L (14-9) 6 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 6 Ks. Simmons 2-4, 2 2B. Bethancourt 2-4, RBI.
BLUE JAYS 2 @ ORIOLES 5
- TOR – Stroman L (10-6) 6 IP, 9 H, 5 ER. Reyes 3-5. Encarnacion 2-5, RBI.
- BAL – Chen W (16-4) 5.2 IP, 9 H, 2 ER, 6 Ks. Jones 3-4, RBI. Cruz 2-4, RBI. Flaherty 1-4, HR (7), 2 RBIs.
GIANTS 2 @ D’BACKS 6
- SF – Vogelsong L (8-11) 5.2 IP, 6 H, 4 ER. Arias 3-3. Sandoval 2-4, 2B. Panik 2-5, 2B. Blanco 1-4, 2B.
- ARI – Miley W (8-11) 7 IP, 7 H, 1 ER. Trumbo 2-4, HR (9), 5 RBIs. Pollock 1-3, 3B, RBI. Montero 1-4, 2B.
TUESDAY’S NOTABLE GAMES (All Times Pacific)
- UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE (Borussia vs Arsenal) 11:45 PM Fox Sports 1 (Liverpool vs PFC Ludogoret Razgrad) Fox Sports 2
- MLB (Blue Jays @ Orioles) 4:05 PM (Nationals @ Braves) 4:10 PM (Brewers @ Cardinals) 5:00 PM (Mariners @ Angels) 7:05 PM
Playboy’s Party Schools
Playboy Magazine is out with its annual Top-10 Party Schools list, so we searched the web to find the best video evidence of hard charging extra-curricular activity at each college to validate the rankings (props to BLS Favorite I’m Shmacked for putting out tons of great college party videos). The kids away at school sure know how to get after it these days as you’ll witness in the videos in the link below. Luckily I spent a large portion of my 20s touring around America playing music, so I’ve actually experienced a number of these spots first hand. I’ll offer up my thoughts on each spot as we review this year’s best spots to get a degree in debauchery. To watch all the fun videos of coeds getting down go to – Playboy’s Top 10 Party Schools (The Video Evidence).
#SaveMango Lay’s Best Chip Ever!
We have a great new edition to the #SaveMango campaign! Check out this little ditty by Busch League Sports favorites E Hart and Ali Seals! We love it!
The Lay’s “Do US A Flavor” contest is back! More than 14 million Lay’s fans submitted flavors in the nationwide search to come up with the next great chip and unbelievably, one of the 4 final flavors was submitted by a couple who have been longtime friends of all us here at Busch League Sports. Julia Stanley Metz submitted the Mango Salsa flavor that she based off her husband’s (Rick Metz) mango salsa recipe that he makes for their family “Taco Tuesdays”. We’ve all been friends with Julia and Rick since childhood, so for us – there’s only one flavor that matters in this contest. What could be more fun than helping your pals try to win $1 million (the grand prize for winning)? Not much in our book, so here’s how all of you in the Busch League Nation can help us keep Lay’s Wavy Mango Salsa on the shelves.
Each person can cast 4 votes daily by voting 1 time on each of the 4 platforms.
- Visit www.DoUsaFlavor.com and select “Wavy Mango Salsa“
- Text “Mango” to 24477 (C H I P S)
- On Instagram use hashtag #SaveMango (Feel free to copy the picture of the bag above, or the Mango business card below and post to Instagram)
- On Twitter or Vine use hashtag #Save Mango
We at Busch League Sports will help everyone remember to vote daily by leaving these instructions here on the BLS Buffet until the voting ends. The chips are now available on store shelves and will remain there until the contest ends in November, at which time only the winning flavor will remain.
BUSCH LEAGUE SPORTS PODCAST (9-8-14)
The Busch Leaguers with thrilled to be joined by San Francisco 49ers’ Linebacker Dan Skuta, who forced the Demarco Murray fumble in the opening minute of Sunday’s game in Dallas, which lead to a defensive touchdown. Please check out Dan Skuta, NaVorro Bowman and Aldon Smith’s clothing line Sack Francisco, which celebrates the Niners’ defense and gives back to children in need in the community. For more on this worthy cause check out SackFrancisco.com – 49er Linebackers Give Back to the Kids
The Busch Leaguers and Dan Skuta discuss:
- Playing at Cowboys Stadium
- The Week 1 Win in Dallas
- Outlook For The 49er Defense
- Going From Division II to the NFL
- Levi’s Stadium
- Preparing For the Chicago Bears
- Sack Francisco Supporting San Francisco Children in Need
- College Football Week 2
- #BLS Picks and DJ R-O’s Picks
- Michigan St/Oregon & Stanford/USC games
- NFL Week 1 #BLSPicks
- The New Ray Rice Video and Release
- The TMZ World We Live in
- 49ers vs Dallas
- The Monday Night NFL Games
BLS also offered beer-soaked insights on topics like; Stevie Stevens money line dog parlays, TMZ Monday morning stories, rampant weirdness in elevators, punting balls at Jerry World, Civil War Captains and weird Coach Schwartz. You won’t find this kind of expertise anywhere else. Give us a little feedback on twitter @BuschSports or Facebook Busch League Sports.
ENJOY YOUR TUESDAY!!!
From earlier this week in case you missed it:
— Busch League Sports (@BuschSports) September 15, 2014
— Busch League Sports (@BuschSports) September 14, 2014